If you aren’t too sure what a Google Virtual Tour is, let me explain: Google now lets a small group of certified photographers, such as Visible Digital, use Street View Technology to create a 360° view of your business, whatever type of business it is. This tour can then become a great way let potential customer find you easily on Google Maps and Google Places, but you can also embed it into your website so users can get a true feel for your business.
This can really come in handy when it comes to establishing trust with those buyers who are always wary of buying online. If they can see you are a real and physical company, they may be more inclined to buy.
As well as using virtual tours for trust and search value, there are many more fun and creating things you can do with it, such as:
Embedding Your Google Virtual Tour on Multiple Pages
Rather than just having your virtual tour embedded on your contact page, why not embed it into your category pages? For example, if you are a hotel you might have a virtual tour embedded for each of your room types, your restaurants, your foyer etc. It is known that users are more engaged with visual content than text, and so having virtual tours of your hotel rooms rather than explaining how nice they are should get more engagement and sales.
67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to carry more weight than product information or customer ratings
Using Google Virtual Tours for Competitions
Another very good way to use virtual tours is for competitions. Sticking with the hotel example, you could ask users, fans or followers to find the room key or air conditioning controls for a chance to win a free night’s stay at the hotel. Don’t make the competition so hard that people won’t bother, but also don’t make it too easy that it won’t intrigue them. You can host your virtual tour competition on your blog and use the power of social media and PR to get the word out.
Having virtual tour competitions will help your business in many ways:
- Brand Awareness – Having something to shout about and share will really help get your brand out there.
- More Customers – Even if people don’t win the competition, your name will spring to mind the next time they are looking.
- Friendly Brand – A good way to cheer up those that never won the competition is to, for example, give 10% off to those who entered but never won. This makes them feel that you care… plus you get additional business.
- Social Following – If you use social media to promote your competition and engage with users who have entered, you will see a nice increase in your social following and fans.
Other Creative Ideas
These are just two of the creative things you can do with Google Virtual Tours so don’t just think of them as something to just add to your contact page for the sake of it. There are many different things you can do with them, it just depends how creative you want to be with it. We can help you come up with ideas especially for your type of business and brand. We are Google trusted photographers who can create beautiful and elegant virtual tours for your business. You can visit our Google Virtual Tours page to browse through some of the virtual tours we have created for our clients, or watch the video below:
How Can a Google Virtual Tour Help Your Business?
With a little bit of thought and planning they can help in many ways including:
- Decrease bounce rate on certain pages of your website as users are more engaged
- Establish trust with users by showing you are a physical and real business
- Increase in conversion rates
- Help build a personable brand
How would you use your Google Virtual Tour? Let us know by leaving your comments below. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.